24.7.13

STOCKHOLM

















One of the many things I love about Helsinki is how easy and cheap you can travel to other countries on one day cruises (go and forth). In early June I had the pleasure of travel to Stockholm, and I say pleasure because although the city was packed out of people (my visit coincided with the wedding of Princess Victoria of Sweden) was pleasantly surprised. Built on 14 islands linked by 57 bridges, you can see its 750 years of history in its beautiful buildings and its varied architectural styles. The truth is that the 7 hours I was walking through its streets only allowed me to get a rough idea of the city, but since the beginning of the visit I felt in love with it and I clearly knew that someday I will return. 


Una de las muchas cosas que me gustan de Helsinki es lo fácil y barato que puedes viajar a otros países en cruceros que duran un día (ida y vuelta). A principios de junio tuve el placer de viajar a Estocolmo, y digo el placer porque aunque la ciudad estaba abarrotada de gente, ya que coincidió con la boda de la princesa Victoria de Suecia, me sorprendió gratamente. Construida sobre 14 islas unidas entre sí por 57 puentes, se pueden apreciar sus 750 años de historia en sus preciosos edificios y sus variados estilos arquitectónicos. Lo cierto es que las escasas 7 horas que pude caminar por sus calles sólo me permitieron hacerme una ligera idea de la ciudad, pero eso sí, nada más comenzar la visita, entendí ese tipo de amor a primera vista del que algunas personas hablan y supe claramente que algún día volveré.

No comments :